Rochester NY Pizza Blog Rochester restaurants LocalEats featured blog

Friday, August 7, 2009

Brockport, Part III: Marvin Mozzeroni's

I thought I had finished my brief Brockport pizzeria tour when I spotted the "NOW OPEN" sign for something called Marvin Mozzeroni's Pizza & Pasta. A new pizza place? I couldn't resist.
Well, new to Brockport. Turns out this is the latest location of the pizzeria formerly known as Starvin' Marvin's. I don't know the reason for the name change, but Marvin is no longer starvin', and he's gotten a last name.
Since I've already reviewed the Marvin's on Lake Avenue in Rochester, and since this pizza wasn't much different from that one, I'll keep this short.
Like its counterpart on Lake Ave., this place bakes its pizzas on a screen, resulting in a brown, slightly greasy underside to its thin-to-medium pizza. The edge was quite thick, so much so that the slice couldn't be folded down the middle. While the edge was firm, the rest of the crust was not, and the tip flopped down when I held the slice in one hand.
It was a relatively saucy slice, with just a bit of herbalness to the sauce, topped by a medium-thick layer of lightly browned cheese.
Enough said. Marvin's seems to be on its way to becoming a local chain, and I don't see much point in reviewing multiple locations of the same chain. The menu, which is quite extensive, is available on their website.
My initial reaction was to give this pizza a "C", but since I gave the other Marvin's a C+, and this was pretty much the same thing, I'll give it a C+ as well, for consistency's sake.
My review of the Lake Ave. location indicates that I nearly gave it a C but bumped it up a notch for good service, and I should note that the service here was good as well. I especially appreciated the counter person asking me if there was any particular slice I wanted off the rack, which was a nice touch.
Marvin Mozzeroni's, 39 North Main St., Brockport. 637-MARV (6278)
Mon-Thu: 10 am - 9 pm, Fri: 10 am - 11 pm, Sat: noon - 11 pm, Sun: noon - 9 pm
Delivery available to Brockport, Clarkson and SUNY Brockport campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment