Rochester NY Pizza Blog Rochester restaurants LocalEats featured blog

Friday, August 30, 2013

Product Review: Cow Wow Milk

I don't eat a lot of cold cereal these days, but I did, as a kid, and my favorite part of every bowl was drinking the sugar- and flavoring-infused milk at the bottom of the bowl. If only all milk tasted that way!
Well, your milk now can. I recently received a review sample of Cow Wow Cereal Milk. This organic (!) low-fat milk comes in two flavors, Fruity Trudy and Chocolate Chip Cathy (those being the names of the cow mascots). I was recently given a review sample of the Chocolate Chip Cathy, and yeah, it does kind of taste like the milk at the bottom of the bowl after you've polished off a healthy serving of your favorite chocolate-flavored cereal.
I don't quite get the chocolate "chip" angle, as opposed to just chocolate, but it's tasty. It's got a mild chocolate flavor, not intense or overly sweet, but pleasant. And the cool thing is, it comes in little 8.5-ounce cartons (like juice packs) that don't have to be refrigerated.
I haven't tried the Fruity Trudy, but I'd like to, as fruity cereals were among my favorites when I was growing up. The package also states that Cow Wow is available in "Marsha Mallow," "Cinny Minny," "Peanut Butter Bessie," and "Honey Beatrice" flavors, although those don't seem to be mentioned on their website.
Again from the website, Cow Wow seems to be available for now mostly on the west coast. But look for it in a store near you soon. If you'd like an organic, all-natural alternative to sugary fruit juice drinks for your kid's lunch, or just miss that pleasure of drinking up a half-bowlful of cereal-sweetened milk, this may be for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment