Rochester NY Pizza Blog Rochester restaurants LocalEats featured blog

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Nima's, Palmyra

Nima's Pizza on Urbanspoon
In scanning about for pizzerias within a reasonable driving distance from Rochester, my eye fell on a listing for Nima's in Palmyra. It's a bit of a trek, but not too bad, so off I went.
I sometimes just get a slice or two, but on this occasion I ordered a medium (14 inch) pepperoni pie. Its thin-to-medium thick crust was a medium shade of brown, and crisscrossed by screen marks. Despite the screen marks, which often indicate a soft crust, this crust was reasonably crisp, with a slight exterior crunch. It was also dry on the bottom, not oily. There was some flour on the surface, but not enough to detract significantly from what was otherwise a pretty decent crust. The edge was also crisp and pleasantly breadlike.
This pie was generally well-balanced, with an even layer of melted, slightly browned mozzarella cheese, complemented by a moderate application of thick, slightly sweet tomato sauce. The pepperoni slices were thin and just a bit crisp along the edges. All in all, not a bad pie.
Nima's offers 12-, 14-, and 16-inch round pizzas, sheet pizzas, slices, and a deep dish pie. There are 15 toppings available, and calzones as well. They also do chicken wings and fingers, various fried sides, salads, hot and cold subs, dinners, and assorted other items. It's a pretty big menu.
This was not a bad pizza. I'm not sure that I would drive this distance to get it very often, but if I lived in or near Palmyra, I'd be happy with Nima's as my hometown pizzeria. The crust was reasonably bready and crisp, the overall flavor was good, the pie was well-balanced, and there were no flaws to speak of. On the strength of that, I'd have to say that this was at least a little above average for this area, and so I'll give it a B.
Nima's Pizzeria, Italian Restaurant, and Catering. 165 E. Main St., Palmyra, 14522
(315) 597-5399
Mon. - Thu. 11 a.m. - 9 p.m., Fri. & Sat. 11 a.m. - 10 p.m., Sun. noon - 9 p.m. $1 delivery within 5 miles, $2 delivery outside of 5 miles, within delivery area (I don't know what their delivery area covers).

No comments:

Post a Comment