Rochester NY Pizza Blog Rochester restaurants LocalEats featured blog

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Ficarella's, Le Roy

Ficarella's Pizzeria of Leroy on Urbanspoon
NOTE: Ficarella's in Le Roy is now Pastore's.
In January 2011, I did a post on two places in Batavia, one of which was Ficarella's. I gave it a C for a slice that had some good and some not-so-good points.
Recently I tried Ficarella's Le Roy location. I again got a pepperoni slice.
And it was not bad; better than the one I got in Batavia. It had a decent crust, medium thick, with some light charring underneath. There was also a bit of corn meal on the underside. The slice was reasonably crisp, and cracked a bit on the surface when I folded the slice.
The edge was relatively thick and bready, with a pleasantly chewy "crumb." It was also marked by some odd creases on one side, which you can see in the top photo. I have no idea what those were, but they didn't affect the overall enjoyability of the slice.
I liked the flavor. The slice was well balanced, with a moderate layer of medium-flavored sauce and melted mozzarella. Nothing outstanding there, but they did the job. The thin slices of pepperoni were just crisp along the edges, pretty generously laid on, and oily enough for flavor but not overly greasy.
Ficarella's has a standard but extensive menu, with pizza, wings, subs, wraps, fish fry, pasta and sides. They do regular and deep-dish pizza, with six specialty pizzas, including a "loaded fry pie" topped with ranch dressing, french fries, bacon bits, and mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. That one's not for me, but it sounds interesting.
We're just talking about one visit to each location, but based on these, I liked the pizza a little better at the Caledonia Ficarella's, as compared with the Batavia shop. I'll give this one a B.
Ficarella's, 110 W. Main St., Le Roy
768-4500
Mon. - Thu. 11 a.m. - 11 p.m., Fri. & Sat. 11 a.m. - midnight, Sun. noon - 11 p.m.
Delivering to Le Roy, Stafford, and parts of Pavilion, Bergen and Caledonia



No comments:

Post a Comment