Rochester NY Pizza Blog Rochester restaurants LocalEats featured blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Free Pizza!


I have a gift certificate, good for either one large pizza with two toppings, or one specialty pizza (steak or Buffalo chicken) from our friends at Menezes Pizza on Chili Ave. Menezes turns out very good pizza, in what I think of as Rochester style, with a generous but balanced helping of sauce and cheese to go along with the thickish, bready crust (they'll be happy to make it thin for you on request). I've put a copy of their pizza menu in this post, but they also serve wings, subs and salads.
The giveaway contest will run through next Friday, July 15. To enter, all you've got to do is leave a comment following this post. It can be about pizza, any other topic, or nothing at all. You can leave more than one comment, but multiple comments will not increase your chances of winning.
I'll be mailing the gift certificate to the winner, so I will need your mailing address if you win. You can email it to me at rochesternypizzaguy@gmail.com. I'll be announcing the winner, who will be chosen at random using random.org, sometime next Friday afternoon.
Okay, comment away!


25 comments:

  1. I love pizza! It's an incentive to go to the gym. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pizza has been my favorite thing for as long as I can remember. From Captain Cook's back in the day, to Tom and Nancy's, I love looking for great pizza. I look forward to giving this place a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard good things about this pizza; seems like a perfect opportunity to take a drive out that way and try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love to sample different pizzas - Can you compare to Tom and Nancy's? Please let me sample yours to compare - you may have a steady customer if the crust the sauce and toppings are top shelf. Not burnt or greasy or too thin. Thanks ! Mrs S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that pizza! Mmm mmm, buffalo chicken pizza particularly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am a fan of the buff chic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog, love pizza. Syracuse pizza is awful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pizza has sustained me since I was a little kid in my Grandma's kitchen. It was always the simple recipe, fresh tomato sauce, thin crust and grated Reggiano Parmesan. (what many call "sauce" pie) As a distance runner, pizza is my favorite meal to this day. I cannot imagine my life without it! Even when I travel throughout the US, I search for my excellent Italian treat. This blog is a great care-free read, and like pizza, comforts me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wanting to try Meneze's!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoying reading your blog ! Keep up the good work !

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a pizza connoisseur with an open mind. Where ever I have traveled I try the local pizza... What a wake up call when I visited Italy and Sicily expecting American style pizza in the early 80's...Of course there was nothing similar..

    Mama's Pizza in Berkley California was one of the best..Probably long gone by now...There are some great local Pizzeria's here in Rochester that this blog has helped to identify......

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never tried Menezes, but it looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an awesome blog ive followed your grades and they are spot on to what you have graded each business. Keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would totally eat a steak pizza. I love this blog...makes me want pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to try Menezes pizza! and I'll tell all my friends! :)
    -Ben
    benbleyendaal@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love me some Pizza! Nothing better than a good Pizza and wings with a nice cold beer!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I went there got a medium cheese w onion and hot peppers and ive tried about 6 of the A ratings from this blog and it did not come close to me for an A. It was ordered on saturday afternoon @ 4 pm i asked it be ready by 5:30 and it was slightly underdone and was bland. in my opinion. This to me was not an A rating id say C for me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. When did I ever give it an A rating?

    ReplyDelete